This classified building (1947) represents an urban property composed by an old manor house, a chapel and the gardens. There is not much left from the original house, of which the oldest elements are two lintel windows in Manueline design being displayed in the garden, as this complex went through several changes throughout the centuries. The main building of the manor house was only added after the earthquake in 1748.
The exhibits of the museum, really heterogeneous, are a comprehensive display of decorative arts and their influence on the island from the 17th to the 19th century. The highlights are the furniture nucleuses, mainly English, the collections of Chinese porcelain, silver, jewellery, ceramics, goldsmith art as well as paintings, drawings, prints and sculptures.