Santo Antonio, Portugal Funchal 19.6 °C Feels Like 19.6 °C
Clear
Temp Max 20 °C
Temp Min 14 °C
Humidity 54%
Visibility 10.0 km
Heat Index NA °C
Dew Point 10 °C
Precipitation 0 mm
UV 2.0
Wednesday 23/01/2019 Day: A mix of clouds and sun early followed by cloudy skies this afternoon. High 18C. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 km/h. Night: Overcast with showers at times. Low 13C. Winds N at 10 to 15 km/h. Chance of rain 40%.
Funchal weather throughout the day

When you arrive in Madeira, take a good look around. The pleasant colours soothe the senses with different shades of green set against an azure sea – the hallmark of the subtropics.

Most people who live here find that Madeira has just about the most perfect climate in the world — it only rains sometimes and it is never too hot.

Due to its mountainous topography, the island is full of diverse microclimates. The difference in altitude makes it possible in winter to find snow on the top of the mountains, as in Pico do Areeiro, but sunny weather and 23 ºC at sea level or below the ‘banana line’. The bay of Funchal, protected by the highest peaks, enjoys the best sunshine. That’s why most of the popular hotels are located here, along the southern coastline. Further down the southwest coast, at Ribeira Brava, Ponta do Sol, Madalena do Mar, Calheta, Jardim do Mar and Paul do Mar, backed by the lower hills of Paul da Serra, the sun shines brighter during the summer months, and it’s sunny and pleasant throughout the winter. Some towns along this coast are very popular among international surfers.

Madeira has lots of sun and a fair bit of rain, as you can see in our annual weather charts. To see the archipelago’s satellite image, click here.

Madeira Annual Climate

Low Temp °C16
Avg Temp °C18
High Temp °C20
Rainfall mm0.9
Rain Days9
Low Temp °C14
Avg Temp °C17
High Temp °C18
Rainfall mm0.9
Rain Days9
Low Temp °C14
Avg Temp °C16
High Temp °C18
Rainfall mm0.9
Rain Days11
Low Temp °C15
Avg Temp °C17
High Temp °C19
Rainfall mm4.1
Rain Days12
Low Temp °C16
Avg Temp °C18
High Temp °C21
Rainfall mm0.1
Rain Days2
Low Temp °C19
Avg Temp °C21
High Temp °C24
Rainfall mm0
Rain Days1
Low Temp °C20
Avg Temp °C22
High Temp °C26
Rainfall mm0
Rain Days0
Low Temp °C21
Avg Temp °C24
High Temp °C27
Rainfall mm0.1
Rain Days2
Low Temp °C21
Avg Temp °C23
High Temp °C26
Rainfall mm0
Rain Days1
Low Temp °C19
Avg Temp °C22
High Temp °C24
Rainfall mm1.9
Rain Days8
Low Temp °C16
Avg Temp °C19
High Temp °C21
Rainfall mm1.9
Rain Days15
Low Temp °C16
Avg Temp °C18
High Temp °C20
Rainfall mm1.6
Rain Days9

10-day Forecast

  • Wednesday 1/23
    18° | 14°
    Chance of Rain
    Chance of Rain
    50% / 2mm
  • Thursday 1/24
    18° | 14°
    Chance of Rain
    Chance of Rain
    60% / 4mm
  • Friday 1/25
    18° | 14°
    Chance of Rain
    Chance of Rain
    50% / 1mm
  • Saturday 1/26
    19° | 15°
    Chance of Rain
    Chance of Rain
    40% / 1mm
  • Sunday 1/27
    18° | 14°
    Mostly Cloudy
    Mostly Cloudy
    20% / 0mm
  • Monday 1/28
    17° | 14°
    Overcast
    Overcast
    20% / 0mm
  • Tuesday 1/29
    18° | 14°
    Overcast
    Overcast
    20% / 0mm
  • Wednesday 1/30
    18° | 14°
    Overcast
    Overcast
    20% / 0mm
  • Thursday 1/31
    18° | 14°
    Chance of Rain
    Chance of Rain
    40% / 3mm
  • Friday 2/1
    17° | 14°
    Chance of Rain
    Chance of Rain
    40% / 2mm
Wednesday 01/23 50% / 2 mm

Partly cloudy this morning. Increasing clouds with periods of showers this afternoon. High 17C. Winds N at 10 to 15 km/h. Chance of rain 50%.

Wednesday 01/23 40% / 2 mm

Cloudy with occasional rain showers. Low 13C. Winds N at 10 to 15 km/h. Chance of rain 40%.

Sun
08:07 18:31
Moon
09:25 09:59
Time Temp. Feels Like Dew Point Humidity Conditions Precip. Liquid Precip. Wind Cloud Cover Pressure
09:00 13 °C 13 °C 9 °C 74% Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy 6% 0mm 14 km/h N 52% 1029Pa
10:00 14 °C 14 °C 9 °C 73% Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy 3% 0mm 14 km/h N 50% 1029Pa
11:00 15 °C 15 °C 10 °C 70% Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy 6% 0mm 13 km/h NNE 49% 1029Pa
12:00 16 °C 16 °C 10 °C 66% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 6% 0mm 10 km/h NNE 65% 1029Pa
13:00 16 °C 16 °C 10 °C 67% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 5% 0mm 10 km/h NNE 67% 1028Pa
14:00 17 °C 17 °C 11 °C 68% Overcast Overcast 23% 0mm 11 km/h NNE 80% 1027Pa
15:00 17 °C 17 °C 12 °C 69% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 34% 0mm 11 km/h NNE 83% 1027Pa
16:00 17 °C 17 °C 12 °C 71% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 36% 0mm 13 km/h N 82% 1026Pa
17:00 16 °C 16 °C 12 °C 76% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 39% 0mm 10 km/h N 77% 1026Pa
18:00 16 °C 16 °C 12 °C 77% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 46% 0mm 11 km/h N 76% 1026Pa
19:00 16 °C 16 °C 12 °C 77% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 40% 0mm 11 km/h N 81% 1026Pa
20:00 16 °C 16 °C 12 °C 77% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 40% 0mm 13 km/h N 82% 1026Pa
21:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 76% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 7% 0mm 11 km/h N 75% 1026Pa
22:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 75% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 6% 0mm 11 km/h N 66% 1026Pa
23:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 75% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 12% 0mm 11 km/h N 68% 1026Pa
Thursday 01/24 60% / 4 mm

Cloudy with showers. High 17C. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 km/h. Chance of rain 60%.

Thursday 01/24 50% / 4 mm

Considerable cloudiness with occasional rain showers. Low 14C. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 km/h. Chance of rain 50%.

Sun
08:07 18:32
Moon
10:33 10:41
Time Temp. Feels Like Dew Point Humidity Conditions Precip. Liquid Precip. Wind Cloud Cover Pressure
00:00 15 °C 15 °C 10 °C 74% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 32% 0mm 11 km/h N 69% 1026Pa
01:00 15 °C 15 °C 10 °C 75% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 34% 0mm 11 km/h NNE 75% 1026Pa
02:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 77% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 35% 0mm 11 km/h NNE 83% 1025Pa
03:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 78% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 31% 0mm 11 km/h NNE 87% 1025Pa
04:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 76% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 31% 0mm 11 km/h NNE 84% 1024Pa
05:00 15 °C 15 °C 10 °C 74% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 31% 0mm 10 km/h NNE 78% 1024Pa
06:00 15 °C 15 °C 10 °C 74% Overcast Overcast 15% 0mm 8 km/h N 82% 1023Pa
07:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 76% Overcast Overcast 18% 0mm 8 km/h N 86% 1023Pa
08:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 75% Overcast Overcast 20% 0mm 8 km/h N 88% 1023Pa
09:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 74% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 47% 0mm 8 km/h N 89% 1023Pa
10:00 16 °C 16 °C 12 °C 75% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 42% 0mm 10 km/h N 88% 1024Pa
11:00 17 °C 17 °C 12 °C 74% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 44% 0mm 10 km/h NNE 85% 1024Pa
12:00 17 °C 17 °C 12 °C 73% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 57% 0mm 11 km/h NNE 80% 1023Pa
13:00 17 °C 17 °C 13 °C 74% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 59% 0mm 13 km/h NNE 82% 1023Pa
14:00 17 °C 17 °C 13 °C 75% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 57% 0mm 14 km/h NNE 82% 1022Pa
15:00 17 °C 17 °C 13 °C 76% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 39% 0mm 14 km/h NNE 79% 1021Pa
16:00 17 °C 17 °C 13 °C 79% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 48% 0mm 16 km/h NNE 75% 1021Pa
17:00 17 °C 17 °C 13 °C 78% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 48% 0mm 14 km/h NNE 62% 1021Pa
18:00 16 °C 16 °C 13 °C 80% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 41% 0mm 16 km/h NNE 58% 1021Pa
19:00 16 °C 16 °C 12 °C 79% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 43% 0mm 16 km/h NNE 61% 1021Pa
20:00 16 °C 16 °C 12 °C 77% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 44% 0mm 18 km/h NNE 67% 1021Pa
21:00 16 °C 16 °C 12 °C 77% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 39% 0mm 18 km/h NNE 72% 1022Pa
22:00 16 °C 16 °C 12 °C 77% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 39% 0mm 16 km/h NNE 75% 1021Pa
23:00 16 °C 16 °C 12 °C 78% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 38% 0mm 14 km/h NNE 77% 1021Pa
Friday 01/25 50% / 1 mm

Overcast with rain showers at times. High 17C. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 km/h. Chance of rain 50%.

Friday 01/25 20% / 1 mm

Partly cloudy skies. Low 14C. Winds light and variable.

Sun
08:06 18:33
Moon
11:38 11:19
Time Temp. Feels Like Dew Point Humidity Conditions Precip. Liquid Precip. Wind Cloud Cover Pressure
00:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 77% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 34% 0mm 14 km/h NNE 76% 1021Pa
01:00 15 °C 15 °C 12 °C 77% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 34% 0mm 13 km/h NNE 70% 1021Pa
02:00 15 °C 15 °C 12 °C 78% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 47% 0mm 13 km/h NNE 75% 1020Pa
03:00 15 °C 15 °C 12 °C 77% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 33% 0mm 11 km/h NNE 75% 1020Pa
04:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 77% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 36% 0mm 11 km/h N 72% 1020Pa
05:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 77% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 30% 0mm 10 km/h N 66% 1019Pa
06:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 77% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 40% 0mm 10 km/h N 61% 1019Pa
07:00 15 °C 15 °C 12 °C 79% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 48% 0mm 8 km/h N 65% 1019Pa
08:00 15 °C 15 °C 12 °C 79% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 47% 0mm 8 km/h N 69% 1020Pa
09:00 15 °C 15 °C 12 °C 79% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 48% 0mm 8 km/h N 73% 1020Pa
10:00 16 °C 16 °C 12 °C 78% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 48% 0mm 11 km/h NNE 71% 1020Pa
11:00 17 °C 17 °C 13 °C 76% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 46% 0mm 11 km/h NNE 72% 1021Pa
12:00 18 °C 18 °C 13 °C 73% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 38% 0mm 11 km/h NNE 71% 1021Pa
13:00 18 °C 18 °C 13 °C 73% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 37% 0mm 11 km/h NE 68% 1021Pa
14:00 18 °C 18 °C 13 °C 73% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 35% 0mm 13 km/h NE 62% 1020Pa
15:00 18 °C 18 °C 13 °C 74% Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy 24% 0mm 14 km/h NE 59% 1019Pa
16:00 18 °C 18 °C 13 °C 74% Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy 24% 0mm 14 km/h NE 56% 1019Pa
17:00 17 °C 17 °C 13 °C 76% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 31% 0mm 13 km/h NNE 53% 1019Pa
18:00 17 °C 17 °C 13 °C 78% Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy 18% 0mm 11 km/h NNE 50% 1019Pa
19:00 16 °C 16 °C 12 °C 77% Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy 19% 0mm 10 km/h NNE 50% 1020Pa
20:00 16 °C 16 °C 12 °C 77% Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy 10% 0mm 11 km/h NNE 52% 1020Pa
21:00 16 °C 16 °C 12 °C 77% Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy 19% 0mm 11 km/h NNE 55% 1021Pa
22:00 16 °C 16 °C 12 °C 76% Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy 15% 0mm 10 km/h N 59% 1021Pa
23:00 16 °C 16 °C 12 °C 77% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 19% 0mm 10 km/h NNE 64% 1021Pa
Saturday 01/26 40% / 1 mm

Showers early becoming less numerous later in the day. High 18C. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 40%.

Saturday 01/26 20% / 1 mm

Partly cloudy skies during the evening will give way to cloudy skies overnight. Low 14C. Winds light and variable.

Sun
08:06 18:34
Moon
01:00 11:55
Time Temp. Feels Like Dew Point Humidity Conditions Precip. Liquid Precip. Wind Cloud Cover Pressure
00:00 16 °C 16 °C 12 °C 77% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 23% 0mm 8 km/h N 67% 1021Pa
01:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 77% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 22% 0mm 6 km/h N 66% 1021Pa
02:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 76% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 21% 0mm 6 km/h N 64% 1021Pa
03:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 76% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 20% 0mm 6 km/h N 61% 1021Pa
04:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 76% Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy 20% 0mm 6 km/h N 54% 1020Pa
05:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 77% Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy 10% 0mm 6 km/h N 44% 1020Pa
06:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 77% Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy 11% 0mm 6 km/h N 41% 1020Pa
07:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 77% Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy 19% 0mm 6 km/h N 44% 1021Pa
08:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 77% Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy 18% 0mm 6 km/h N 53% 1021Pa
09:00 16 °C 16 °C 12 °C 76% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 24% 0mm 6 km/h N 60% 1022Pa
10:00 17 °C 17 °C 12 °C 75% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 36% 0mm 6 km/h N 65% 1023Pa
11:00 18 °C 18 °C 12 °C 72% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 35% 0mm 8 km/h NNE 71% 1023Pa
12:00 18 °C 18 °C 12 °C 68% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 32% 0mm 10 km/h NE 71% 1023Pa
13:00 19 °C 19 °C 13 °C 69% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 31% 0mm 10 km/h NE 70% 1023Pa
14:00 19 °C 19 °C 13 °C 69% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 24% 0mm 10 km/h NE 63% 1022Pa
15:00 18 °C 18 °C 13 °C 70% Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy 24% 0mm 10 km/h NE 59% 1022Pa
16:00 18 °C 18 °C 13 °C 71% Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy 23% 0mm 10 km/h NE 58% 1022Pa
17:00 18 °C 18 °C 13 °C 73% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 24% 0mm 10 km/h NNE 61% 1022Pa
18:00 17 °C 17 °C 13 °C 76% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 24% 0mm 10 km/h NNE 61% 1022Pa
19:00 17 °C 17 °C 12 °C 76% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 24% 0mm 10 km/h NNE 65% 1023Pa
20:00 16 °C 16 °C 12 °C 76% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 31% 0mm 10 km/h NNE 71% 1024Pa
21:00 16 °C 16 °C 12 °C 77% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 24% 0mm 10 km/h N 74% 1024Pa
22:00 16 °C 16 °C 12 °C 77% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 24% 0mm 10 km/h NNE 71% 1024Pa
23:00 16 °C 16 °C 12 °C 77% Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy 24% 0mm 10 km/h NNE 54% 1024Pa
Sunday 01/27 20% / 0 mm

Mainly cloudy. High 17C. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 km/h.

Sunday 01/27 20% / 0 mm

Cloudy skies. Low 14C. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 km/h.

Sun
08:05 18:35
Moon
12:41 12:31
Time Temp. Feels Like Dew Point Humidity Conditions Precip. Liquid Precip. Wind Cloud Cover Pressure
00:00 16 °C 16 °C 12 °C 77% Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy 7% 0mm 8 km/h N 54% 1024Pa
01:00 16 °C 16 °C 12 °C 78% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 16% 0mm 8 km/h NNE 62% 1024Pa
02:00 16 °C 16 °C 12 °C 79% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 8% 0mm 10 km/h N 62% 1024Pa
03:00 16 °C 16 °C 12 °C 77% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 17% 0mm 10 km/h N 67% 1024Pa
04:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 76% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 7% 0mm 10 km/h N 74% 1024Pa
05:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 76% Overcast Overcast 17% 0mm 10 km/h NNE 83% 1024Pa
06:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 76% Overcast Overcast 14% 0mm 11 km/h N 85% 1024Pa
07:00 16 °C 16 °C 12 °C 77% Overcast Overcast 13% 0mm 11 km/h N 82% 1024Pa
08:00 16 °C 16 °C 12 °C 77% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 18% 0mm 11 km/h N 74% 1024Pa
09:00 16 °C 16 °C 12 °C 76% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 8% 0mm 11 km/h N 70% 1025Pa
10:00 16 °C 16 °C 12 °C 73% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 8% 0mm 11 km/h NNE 68% 1025Pa
11:00 17 °C 17 °C 12 °C 70% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 16% 0mm 13 km/h NNE 70% 1026Pa
12:00 17 °C 17 °C 11 °C 67% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 15% 0mm 13 km/h NNE 72% 1026Pa
13:00 17 °C 17 °C 12 °C 69% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 15% 0mm 14 km/h NNE 71% 1025Pa
14:00 18 °C 18 °C 12 °C 69% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 16% 0mm 14 km/h NNE 71% 1025Pa
15:00 17 °C 17 °C 12 °C 69% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 5% 0mm 14 km/h NE 72% 1024Pa
16:00 17 °C 17 °C 12 °C 70% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 5% 0mm 14 km/h NE 73% 1024Pa
17:00 17 °C 17 °C 12 °C 71% Overcast Overcast 17% 0mm 14 km/h NNE 80% 1024Pa
18:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 71% Overcast Overcast 15% 0mm 14 km/h NNE 81% 1024Pa
19:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 72% Overcast Overcast 16% 0mm 13 km/h NNE 88% 1024Pa
20:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 73% Overcast Overcast 16% 0mm 14 km/h NNE 92% 1025Pa
21:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 73% Overcast Overcast 16% 0mm 14 km/h N 94% 1025Pa
22:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 72% Overcast Overcast 18% 0mm 14 km/h NNE 95% 1025Pa
23:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 73% Overcast Overcast 18% 0mm 13 km/h NNE 95% 1025Pa
Monday 01/28 20% / 0 mm

Cloudy. High 17C. Winds NE at 15 to 25 km/h.

Monday 01/28 20% / 0 mm

Cloudy. Low 14C. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 km/h.

Sun
08:05 18:36
Moon
01:43 13:07
Time Temp. Feels Like Dew Point Humidity Conditions Precip. Liquid Precip. Wind Cloud Cover Pressure
00:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 74% Overcast Overcast 17% 0mm 14 km/h NNE 90% 1025Pa
01:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 74% Overcast Overcast 15% 0mm 14 km/h NNE 89% 1025Pa
02:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 76% Overcast Overcast 18% 0mm 16 km/h NNE 87% 1025Pa
03:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 74% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 16 km/h NNE 87% 1024Pa
04:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 74% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 16 km/h NNE 88% 1024Pa
05:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 74% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 14 km/h NNE 90% 1024Pa
06:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 74% Overcast Overcast 10% 0mm 14 km/h NNE 91% 1024Pa
07:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 74% Overcast Overcast 10% 0mm 14 km/h NNE 90% 1024Pa
08:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 74% Overcast Overcast 10% 0mm 14 km/h NNE 89% 1024Pa
09:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 72% Overcast Overcast 10% 0mm 14 km/h NNE 88% 1024Pa
10:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 72% Overcast Overcast 9% 0mm 16 km/h NNE 89% 1025Pa
11:00 17 °C 17 °C 11 °C 69% Overcast Overcast 9% 0mm 16 km/h NE 90% 1025Pa
12:00 17 °C 17 °C 11 °C 66% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 18 km/h NE 91% 1025Pa
13:00 17 °C 17 °C 11 °C 68% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 18 km/h NE 90% 1025Pa
14:00 17 °C 17 °C 11 °C 68% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 19 km/h NE 89% 1025Pa
15:00 17 °C 17 °C 11 °C 69% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 19 km/h NE 88% 1024Pa
16:00 17 °C 17 °C 11 °C 70% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 19 km/h NE 89% 1024Pa
17:00 17 °C 17 °C 11 °C 71% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 18 km/h NE 90% 1024Pa
18:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 72% Overcast Overcast 21% 0mm 18 km/h NE 91% 1024Pa
19:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 71% Overcast Overcast 22% 0mm 16 km/h NE 92% 1024Pa
20:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 72% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 18 km/h NNE 93% 1024Pa
21:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 72% Overcast Overcast 22% 0mm 16 km/h NNE 94% 1024Pa
22:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 72% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 14 km/h NNE 93% 1024Pa
23:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 72% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 14 km/h NNE 92% 1025Pa
Tuesday 01/29 20% / 0 mm

Cloudy. High 17C. Winds NE at 15 to 25 km/h.

Tuesday 01/29 20% / 0 mm

Overcast. Low 14C. Winds NE at 10 to 15 km/h.

Sun
08:04 18:37
Moon
02:43 13:44
Time Temp. Feels Like Dew Point Humidity Conditions Precip. Liquid Precip. Wind Cloud Cover Pressure
00:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 73% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 13 km/h NNE 90% 1024Pa
01:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 73% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 14 km/h NE 89% 1024Pa
02:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 74% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 14 km/h NNE 88% 1024Pa
03:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 73% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 14 km/h NE 87% 1024Pa
04:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 74% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 14 km/h NE 84% 1023Pa
05:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 74% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 14 km/h NE 83% 1023Pa
06:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 75% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 14 km/h NE 82% 1023Pa
07:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 75% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 14 km/h NNE 84% 1023Pa
08:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 74% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 16 km/h NE 89% 1023Pa
09:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 73% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 16 km/h NNE 92% 1024Pa
10:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 70% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 18 km/h NE 93% 1024Pa
11:00 17 °C 17 °C 11 °C 66% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 18 km/h NE 93% 1024Pa
12:00 18 °C 18 °C 11 °C 64% Overcast Overcast 10% 0mm 18 km/h NE 92% 1025Pa
13:00 18 °C 18 °C 11 °C 65% Overcast Overcast 6% 0mm 18 km/h ENE 91% 1024Pa
14:00 18 °C 18 °C 11 °C 65% Overcast Overcast 6% 0mm 19 km/h NE 90% 1024Pa
15:00 17 °C 17 °C 11 °C 66% Overcast Overcast 14% 0mm 18 km/h NE 89% 1024Pa
16:00 17 °C 17 °C 11 °C 67% Overcast Overcast 16% 0mm 18 km/h NE 89% 1023Pa
17:00 17 °C 17 °C 11 °C 69% Overcast Overcast 18% 0mm 16 km/h NE 91% 1023Pa
18:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 69% Overcast Overcast 20% 0mm 16 km/h NE 93% 1023Pa
19:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 70% Overcast Overcast 18% 0mm 16 km/h NE 92% 1024Pa
20:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 70% Overcast Overcast 19% 0mm 18 km/h NE 93% 1024Pa
21:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 71% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 18 km/h NNE 94% 1024Pa
22:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 71% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 16 km/h NE 93% 1024Pa
23:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 72% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 16 km/h NE 91% 1025Pa
Wednesday 01/30 20% / 0 mm

Overcast. High 17C. Winds NE at 15 to 25 km/h.

Wednesday 01/30 20% / 0 mm

Cloudy skies. Low 14C. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 km/h.

Sun
08:03 18:38
Moon
03:41 14:25
Time Temp. Feels Like Dew Point Humidity Conditions Precip. Liquid Precip. Wind Cloud Cover Pressure
00:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 72% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 16 km/h NE 90% 1025Pa
01:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 73% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 14 km/h NE 89% 1024Pa
02:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 73% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 14 km/h NE 89% 1024Pa
03:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 72% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 16 km/h NE 89% 1024Pa
04:00 15 °C 15 °C 10 °C 71% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 16 km/h NE 89% 1024Pa
05:00 15 °C 15 °C 10 °C 72% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 16 km/h NE 88% 1024Pa
06:00 15 °C 15 °C 10 °C 72% Overcast Overcast 17% 0mm 16 km/h NE 88% 1024Pa
07:00 15 °C 15 °C 10 °C 72% Overcast Overcast 16% 0mm 16 km/h NNE 87% 1024Pa
08:00 15 °C 15 °C 10 °C 71% Overcast Overcast 15% 0mm 16 km/h NNE 85% 1024Pa
09:00 16 °C 16 °C 10 °C 70% Overcast Overcast 17% 0mm 16 km/h NNE 84% 1025Pa
10:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 69% Overcast Overcast 17% 0mm 16 km/h NE 84% 1025Pa
11:00 17 °C 17 °C 10 °C 65% Overcast Overcast 13% 0mm 16 km/h NE 85% 1025Pa
12:00 17 °C 17 °C 10 °C 63% Overcast Overcast 16% 0mm 18 km/h NE 84% 1025Pa
13:00 17 °C 17 °C 11 °C 65% Overcast Overcast 17% 0mm 18 km/h ENE 83% 1025Pa
14:00 17 °C 17 °C 11 °C 65% Overcast Overcast 17% 0mm 19 km/h NE 81% 1024Pa
15:00 17 °C 17 °C 11 °C 66% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 14% 0mm 18 km/h NE 79% 1024Pa
16:00 17 °C 17 °C 11 °C 67% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 15% 0mm 18 km/h NE 77% 1024Pa
17:00 17 °C 17 °C 11 °C 69% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 15% 0mm 16 km/h NE 75% 1023Pa
18:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 69% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 16% 0mm 16 km/h NE 73% 1023Pa
19:00 16 °C 16 °C 10 °C 69% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 16% 0mm 16 km/h NE 75% 1023Pa
20:00 16 °C 16 °C 10 °C 70% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 16% 0mm 16 km/h NNE 79% 1024Pa
21:00 16 °C 16 °C 10 °C 71% Overcast Overcast 22% 0mm 16 km/h NNE 84% 1024Pa
22:00 16 °C 16 °C 10 °C 70% Overcast Overcast 23% 0mm 14 km/h NNE 88% 1024Pa
23:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 72% Overcast Overcast 23% 0mm 13 km/h NE 90% 1024Pa
Thursday 01/31 40% / 3 mm

Cloudy with occasional rain showers. High 17C. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 km/h. Chance of rain 40%.

Thursday 01/31 40% / 3 mm

Showers in the evening, then cloudy overnight. Low 14C. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 km/h. Chance of rain 40%.

Sun
08:03 18:39
Moon
04:37 15:08
Time Temp. Feels Like Dew Point Humidity Conditions Precip. Liquid Precip. Wind Cloud Cover Pressure
00:00 16 °C 16 °C 10 °C 71% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 13 km/h NNE 91% 1024Pa
01:00 15 °C 15 °C 11 °C 73% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 11 km/h NE 91% 1024Pa
02:00 15 °C 15 °C 10 °C 73% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 11 km/h NNE 90% 1023Pa
03:00 15 °C 15 °C 10 °C 72% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 11 km/h NNE 89% 1023Pa
04:00 15 °C 15 °C 10 °C 72% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 11 km/h NNE 88% 1022Pa
05:00 15 °C 15 °C 10 °C 73% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 11 km/h NNE 87% 1022Pa
06:00 15 °C 15 °C 10 °C 73% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 43% 0mm 11 km/h NNE 87% 1022Pa
07:00 15 °C 15 °C 10 °C 74% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 42% 0mm 11 km/h N 87% 1022Pa
08:00 15 °C 15 °C 10 °C 73% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 41% 0mm 11 km/h N 87% 1022Pa
09:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 72% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 37% 0mm 13 km/h NNE 88% 1022Pa
10:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 70% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 34% 0mm 13 km/h NNE 88% 1022Pa
11:00 17 °C 17 °C 11 °C 66% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 32% 0mm 14 km/h NE 88% 1022Pa
12:00 18 °C 18 °C 11 °C 64% Overcast Overcast 24% 0mm 14 km/h NE 87% 1022Pa
13:00 18 °C 18 °C 11 °C 65% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 31% 0mm 14 km/h NE 86% 1022Pa
14:00 18 °C 18 °C 11 °C 65% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 33% 0mm 16 km/h NE 86% 1021Pa
15:00 18 °C 18 °C 11 °C 66% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 34% 0mm 14 km/h NNE 85% 1021Pa
16:00 18 °C 18 °C 11 °C 67% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 34% 0mm 14 km/h NNE 84% 1020Pa
17:00 17 °C 17 °C 11 °C 68% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 34% 0mm 13 km/h NNE 82% 1020Pa
18:00 17 °C 17 °C 11 °C 70% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 37% 0mm 13 km/h N 81% 1019Pa
19:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 70% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 37% 0mm 11 km/h N 81% 1019Pa
20:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 70% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 37% 0mm 13 km/h N 81% 1020Pa
21:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 71% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 39% 0mm 11 km/h N 81% 1020Pa
22:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 71% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 40% 0mm 11 km/h N 82% 1020Pa
23:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 72% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 39% 0mm 11 km/h N 84% 1020Pa
Friday 02/01 40% / 2 mm

Showers in the morning with some clearing in the afternoon. High 17C. Winds NNW at 15 to 25 km/h. Chance of rain 50%.

Friday 02/01 40% / 2 mm

Mostly cloudy with some showers late. Low 13C. Winds NNW at 15 to 25 km/h. Chance of rain 40%.

Sun
08:02 18:40
Moon
05:31 15:55
Time Temp. Feels Like Dew Point Humidity Conditions Precip. Liquid Precip. Wind Cloud Cover Pressure
00:00 15 °C 15 °C 10 °C 72% Overcast Overcast 23% 0mm 11 km/h NNW 84% 1020Pa
01:00 15 °C 15 °C 10 °C 72% Overcast Overcast 23% 0mm 11 km/h NNW 84% 1019Pa
02:00 15 °C 15 °C 10 °C 73% Overcast Overcast 23% 0mm 11 km/h NNW 82% 1019Pa
03:00 15 °C 15 °C 10 °C 72% Overcast Overcast 7% 0mm 11 km/h NNW 80% 1018Pa
04:00 15 °C 15 °C 10 °C 71% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 7% 0mm 11 km/h NNW 78% 1018Pa
05:00 15 °C 15 °C 10 °C 72% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 7% 0mm 13 km/h NNW 75% 1018Pa
06:00 15 °C 15 °C 10 °C 72% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 39% 0mm 13 km/h NNW 73% 1017Pa
07:00 15 °C 15 °C 10 °C 73% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 39% 0mm 13 km/h NNW 74% 1017Pa
08:00 15 °C 15 °C 10 °C 72% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 39% 0mm 13 km/h NNW 79% 1017Pa
09:00 16 °C 16 °C 10 °C 70% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 43% 0mm 13 km/h NNW 82% 1018Pa
10:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 69% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 43% 0mm 14 km/h NNW 82% 1018Pa
11:00 17 °C 17 °C 11 °C 67% Chance of Rain Chance of Rain 43% 0mm 14 km/h NNW 81% 1018Pa
12:00 17 °C 17 °C 10 °C 64% Overcast Overcast 21% 0mm 16 km/h NNW 81% 1018Pa
13:00 17 °C 17 °C 11 °C 65% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 20% 0mm 18 km/h N 66% 1023Pa
14:00 17 °C 17 °C 11 °C 65% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 20% 0mm 19 km/h N 68% 1023Pa
15:00 17 °C 17 °C 11 °C 66% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 19% 0mm 19 km/h N 68% 1022Pa
16:00 17 °C 17 °C 11 °C 68% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 19% 0mm 18 km/h NNW 64% 1022Pa
17:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 69% Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy 19% 0mm 18 km/h NNW 58% 1022Pa
18:00 16 °C 16 °C 11 °C 71% Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy 24% 0mm 18 km/h NNW 54% 1022Pa
19:00 16 °C 16 °C 10 °C 70% Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy 23% 0mm 18 km/h NNW 56% 1022Pa
20:00 16 °C 16 °C 10 °C 70% Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy 20% 0mm 18 km/h NNW 58% 1022Pa
21:00 15 °C 15 °C 10 °C 71% Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy 8% 0mm 18 km/h NNW 60% 1023Pa
22:00 15 °C 15 °C 10 °C 70% Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy 3% 0mm 18 km/h NNW 58% 1023Pa
23:00 15 °C 15 °C 10 °C 70% Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy 3% 0mm 18 km/h NNW 56% 1023Pa


Autumn: September, October, November
Autumn arrives gently in September, and the weather is still warm and sunny in October and November, although there is a chance of rain, with about seven rainy days, an average that is quite low for this time of year when compared to other places. Temperatures average between 23 ºC and 17 ºC, which is actually better than the English summer. So this is still a great time to come to Madeira for those who prefer a quieter experience.

Winter: December, January, February
It’s a bit hard to actually talk about winter in Madeira, as in Madeira it’s always summer. During these months average temperatures only drop by approximately 4 °C. So, during the day in Funchal it’s around 20 ºC and at night it’s usually above 14 ºC. Thus, this temperature range is particularly appealing to northern European tourists, who seek Madeira as a winter sun destination. In terms of rain, the average continues to be some rain on seven days per month in December and January, with a slight improvement to six days in February. Keep in mind that Madeira grows bananas during the winter.

Spring: March, April, May
With the arrival of spring, days get longer, rainfall tends to be lower and temperatures start increasing in April and May. By this time, the whole island is in bloom, attracting more and more tourists, eager to discover the great outdoors in this sunny piece of paradise.

Summer: June, July, August
Thanks to its great weather, this island is particularly popular among tourists during the summer months. Temperatures average at a maximum of 24 °C and a minimum of 17 °C, so the nights are really pleasant and it’s comfortably warm during the day (although temperatures can get up to around 33 °C when the east wind coming from the Sahara desert blows for a few days). During these months it rains very little. In fact, in July and August it might not even rain at all, except high in the mountains, and we get some rain only by the end of September.

The prevailing wind is the northeasterly trade wind that gathers off the Portuguese coast and runs down to the Cape Verde Islands. It brings moisture and large sea swells to the north coast, and often, particularly in the morning, adversely affects the weather on the eastern end of the island, between Caniço and Caniçal. However, when westerly winds are blowing, these areas can be surprisingly dry and sunny, while the southern and western coasts can be cloudy.

Porto Santo weather, on the other hand, tends to be drier. To know a bit more about the climate in mainland Portugal, namely in its capital, check out Lisbon weather.

 

Pin It